The working width of these machines is 2.67m – 3.10m and 3.50 m respectively.
The main functions are the same as the central drawbar models:
- Linkage by Gyrodine swivel headstock for maximum working comfort in tight bends.
- OPTIDISC mower unit with different centre to centre distances depending on rotating direction of the discs for improved ejection of dense forage and higher cut quality in short forage.
- Conditioner with tines or rollers driven by gearwheels. Two rotation speeds with gearstick control, POSIGUARD safety system for protection of vital components in case of large foreign bodies passing through the machine.
- Possibility of forage delivery in variable width swaths or wide spreading, as standard (wide, uniform delivery is becoming increasingly popular because it often saves on a passage with the tedder).
- Extra-large tyres for low ground pressure in order to prevent damage to plant cover, especially in low bearing capacity or humid areas.
Side drawbar or central drawbar? On large plots, the central drawbar provides about 10% higher work output. The advantage of the side drawbar is that it is more economical in terms of investment.